Education & Research Experience
- 2016 – present. Swiss National Science Foundation (SNSF) Advanced post-doctoral fellow (similar to NIH K22 Career Transition Grant) in biophysics and integrative computational modeling at the University of California San Diego (USA). Advisor: Prof. J. Andrew McCammon
- 2013, October – 2015, December. Postdoctoral scientist in computational chemistry at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology – EPF Lausanne (Switzerland). Advisor: Prof. U. Roethlisberger
- 2013, April. PhD in Computational Drug Discovery from the Italian Institute of Technology (IIT), Genova (Italy). Advisor: Dr. M. De Vivo
- 2009, March. Master Degree summa cum laude in Chemistry and Pharmaceutical Technologies. University of Salerno (Italy)
- 2016, May. Gender Equality Grant. EMBO Laboratory Management Course: Communication & negotiation for female leaders. 14-16 September 2016 (DE)
- 2015, December. Advanced post-doctoral research grant (similar to NIH K22 Career Transition Grant) from the Swiss National Science Foundation (SNSF)
- 2011, March. PhD mobility grant from the Italian Minister of University and Research for spending 18 months at EPFL, working with U. Rothlisberger and M. Dal Peraro.
Honors and Awards
- 2017, February. First place prize at the 2017 Art and Science image contest to the 61st Biophysical Society meeting, New Orleans (LA, USA)
- 2015, February. Travel award from the Biophysical Society’s Committee for Professional Opportunities for Women. Baltimore (MD, USA)
- 2014, July. Award from the Institute of Pure and Applied Mathematics (IPAM). Summer school on Electronic Structure Theory for Materials and (Bio)Molecules, University of California Los Angeles
- 2011, February. Award from the Centre Européen de Calcul Atomique et Molécolaire (CECAM). School on Hybrid Quantum Mechanics/Molecular Mechanics (QMMM) approaches to biochemistry, Lausanne (CH)
Grants for Computational Resources
- 2017, September. Awarded 30,110 Service Units (~7,000 USD) on GPU supercomputer resources of the Extreme Science and Engineering Discovery Environment (XSEDE) resources of the National Science Foundation (NSF)
- 2016, November. Awarded 225,000 MD Simulation Units (~190,000 USD) on ANTON-2, the world fastest supercomputer, donated by D.E. Shaw Research to the the National Research Council (NRC)
- 2016, July. Awarded 1,573,193.0 Service Units (~130,000 USD) on CPU & GPU supercomputers of XSEDE (NSF)
- 2015, July: Awarded 6.3 million core hours on CPUs by the Partnership for Advanced Computing in Europe (PRACE, 11th call).
- 2012-2014: Key contribution in the awarded PRACE projects (PI. Dr. De Vivo), resulting in 13.9 million core hours (8th call) and 5 million core hours (5th call) on the Curie supercomputer (FR).
- Reviewer for several international journals, such as the Journal of Chemical Theory and Computation, Nature Chemistry, the Journal of Chemical Information and Modeling, PLoS One and Proteins: Structure, Function and Bioinformatics
Teaching and mentoring
- 2017, present. Teaching the seminar course “Integrative structural and computational biophysics” at the Thurgood Marshall College (UCSD)
- 2017, present. Mentor of Ramces Gonzales (UCSD), Yibei Jiang (UCSD), Lorenzo Casalino (SISSA, IT)
- 2016. Mentor of Thibaud von Erlach (EPFL).
- 2015. Mentor of Huan Francisco Bada (Oxford University) and Ashwin Thampi (EPFL)
Conference organization and service
- 2018, August. Organizer of the “CRYO meets COMP” symposium at the forthcoming 256th ACS national meeting in Boston (August, 2018). Co-organizer with Prof M. Feig (Michigan State University)
- 2018, April. Organizer of the “Woman make COMP” symposium at the forthcoming 2018 ACS meeting in New Orleans, funded by the American Chemical Society ($5000 USD). Co-organizer with Prof. M. Nagan (Adelphy University)
- 2016, February. Chair with Prof. A. Dickson at the 60th Biophysical Society meeting (Los Angeles, USA) for the Protein Small Molecule Interaction session
- Nationality: Italian
- Languages (fluent): Italian, German, French and English
- Hobbies: I enjoy playing classical music (spanish guitar and piano), painting and visiting art expositions. I love reading about history and philosophy (favorite books: Narcissus and Goldmund, H. Hesse; Ethics, Demonstrated in Geometrical Order, B. Spinoza; The Republic, Plato). Besides, I relax doing outgoing sports like swimming, climbing, trekking, biking …